[Paraview] Active stereo cave

Lars Bilke lars.bilke at ufz.de
Thu May 6 11:20:31 EDT 2010

Hello,

I try to use ParaView on a stereo (active shutter glasses) cave. I
compiled PV 3.8.0-RC2 with MPI support on Linux. For testing I use only
1 pc connected to one 1 beamer of the cave. Stereo display is working in
general (I tested it on that machine with glxgears -stereo and also the
paraview standalone executable can be run in stereo).

But when I try to run this in a client / server setup the stereo is not
working. On the server (no matter if starting normal (pvserver cave.pvx)
or with MPI (mpiexec pvserver cave.pvx)) I only see a normal (mono) image.
I start the client with paraview --stereo --stereo-type="Crystal Eyes".
Do I have to specify the stereo argument also to the pvserver? Or can it
be a problem that the client runs on a virtual machine? The client
paraview application also shows a mono image. Is it needed that the
client machine has also stereo capabilities?

Thanks in advance!!
Lars.