[Paraview] ParaView 3.8.0 RC2 Available for download

Takuya OSHIMA oshima at eng.niigata-u.ac.jp
Mon May 3 12:12:46 EDT 2010

Hi,

I also confirm the same problem on a clean install of Ubuntu 10.04
64bit, though 3.6.2 works on the machine. The depending library is
libvtkPVPython.so. Since libdc1394_control.so.13 is listed around the
video codec libraries if I run objedump over the .so file, I have a
vague intuition that the transition from ffmpeg may be causing the
problem.

$ objdump -p libvtkPVPython.so

libvtkPVPython.so:     file format elf64-x86-64
...(snip)...

Dynamic Section:
  NEEDED               libvtkPVServerManagerPythonD.so
  NEEDED               libvtkCommon.so.pv3.8
  NEEDED               libvtkFiltering.so.pv3.8
  NEEDED               libvtkIO.so.pv3.8
  NEEDED               libvtkGraphics.so.pv3.8
  NEEDED               libvtkImaging.so.pv3.8
  NEEDED               libvtkPVPythonInterpretor.so
  NEEDED               libpython2.5.so.1.0
  NEEDED               libutil.so.1
  NEEDED               libavcodec.so.51
  NEEDED               libavformat.so.50
  NEEDED               libavutil.so.49
  NEEDED               libvorbis.so.0
  NEEDED               libdc1394_control.so.13
  NEEDED               libvorbisenc.so.2
  NEEDED               libtheora.so.0
  NEEDED               libgsm.so.1
  NEEDED               libz.so.1

Takuya

Takuya OSHIMA, Ph.D.
Faculty of Engineering, Niigata University
8050 Ikarashi-Ninocho, Nishi-ku, Niigata, 950-2181, JAPAN