[Paraview] Selection of Multiple distinct cells/points

Christian Werner christian.werner at rwth-aachen.de
Sat Mar 27 19:23:12 EDT 2010

Hello!

I like the selection/spreadsheet combination. It helps you analyse your
data alot. However in my case, I'd like to select several distinct cells
in the 3D view by pressing the CTRL key, like in the spreadsheet view.
This would save me a lot of time since I have to manually cut out (or
extract the invers of) several unwanted objects out of my data.

Also, I would like to know if there is a way to select all cells
belonging to one object (by connectivity). This would help in situations
where different objects occlude each other. I have attached an image
that explains the situation. In this case it is difficult to select the
red object - parts of the green object which lies behind the red one are
selected, too. I have data that will yield a lot more different objects.
This will make the selection pretty hard.
Multiple selection would already help here, in that I could subsequently
mark an object's cells from different viewpoints until I have captured
it completely.

The data is the result a Contour filter with a Connectivity filter
applied afterwards.

Best regards,
Christian