[Paraview] Auto Apply after choosing filters - fatal

Christian Werner christian.werner at rwth-aachen.de
Sat Mar 27 18:05:47 EDT 2010

Hello!

I remember there was a discussion about the Apply button. Somebody
mentioned it would be nice if a filter is automatically applied after a
short moment when selected. I don't know how this happened but I have
this behaviour now with my current cvs version. This is fatal, because
like that, I cannot use some filters anymore on some of my data (e.g.
Threshold, it eats my memory and cpu power away with it's standard
settings, effectively freezing my PC for a long time until it crashes).

It seems that this functionality has to be enabled somehow and that I
did that without knowing. At least I cannot remember installing a more
recent cvs version for many days, and this behaviour is new. The actual
version which I now installed also goes with auto-apply.

Despite that, this auto apply is really a very good idea. Maybe one
could provide a <hint> in the appropriate xml that tells if this filter
can safely be auto executed. But this is definetly not the case for all
filters!

Can anyone tell me how to disable this?

Best regards,
Christian