[Paraview] Problem compiling plugin for using with ParaView 64

Rafael Castaneda ramacaneto at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 09:40:15 EDT 2010

Hey all,

I have programmed a plugin, and I want to get it to work with ParaView
3.6.2  32 and/or 64 release, distributed in the website www.paraview.org.

I compiled ParaView 3.6.2 with Qt 4.3.5 Opensource in release mode, then
pointed the plugin to this version with Cmake, compiled in release mode, and
it works fine: I manage to download the ParaView 3.6.2 in the website and
load my plugin on it. This was made in a Windows Vista Ultimate 32bits
machine.

Now I want to compile it for 64 bits version. I took the source from
ParaView 3.6.2 and Qt 4.3.5, compiled them in a Windows 7 Professional 64
machine, and compiled the plugin pointing to this version. The plugin
compiles and works fine with my self compiled version of ParaView. But, when
I download the 64 (or the 32) version of ParaView in the website, I can't
load the plugin ! It says something like: "This is not a valid Qt Plugin"
when I try to load it. But I'm sure I matched the version of ParaView and
Qt, 3.6.2 and 4.3.5.

Does anyone know what might be happening ?

Thanks in advance,
Rafael.