[Paraview] reading multiple files

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Wed Mar 24 16:10:16 EDT 2010

Paul,

If you are trying to get ParaView to use a "simple" reader that only knows how to read a single file to read in a sequence of files as a time series, you can leverage the file-series meta reader.  This Wiki page gives information on how to do that.

http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/Restarted_Simulation_Readers#Customized_Restart_Reader

Note that the Wiki page talks of "restarts" which in your case you can think of a time step.  I originally wrote this document to address a time series caused by a simulation crashing and being restarted, but the same technique works fine for a simple time series of files.

-Ken

On 3/17/10 2:53 PM, "Utkarsh Ayachit" <utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com> wrote:

Does your reader expose a "TimestepValues" information property?

Utkarsh