[Paraview] exodusII transient simulation

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Wed Mar 24 12:50:56 EDT 2010

Nestor,

Sorry for the delay in responding.  I have been out of the office for a while.

What Sam says is mostly correct.  In general, the Exodus reader assumes that numbered files are partitions in space and that all the files hold all the time steps for that partition.  However, we have run into exceptions, like the one you find yourself in, in which you also need to specify a time series of files.  The most common reasons are a restarted simulation writing to a new set of files or the topology of the mesh changing (which is your case).  The instructions for specifying temporal Exodus sequences are documented on this Wiki page, which I have just updated for new features that will be available in version 3.8.

http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/Restarted_Simulation_Readers#Exodus

-Ken