[Paraview] Data set comparison

Luca.Clementi at tororosso.com Luca.Clementi at tororosso.com
Mon Mar 22 13:12:13 EDT 2010

Hi all,
Im trying to compare two data sets in Ensight .case format.

I found only this thread referring to data set comparison:
http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/paraview/2008-November/010034.html

But I could not get it to work. I tried resamply directly the two Ensight
data reader. Then I also tried to filter the two Ensight data readers
through a CellDatatoPointData reader and also through a CellCenter (with
vertex cells active), but I always get:
ERROR: In
/home/kitware/ParaView3/Utilities/BuildScripts/ParaView-3.6/ParaView3/VTK/Filtering/vtkDataSet.cxx,
line 406
vtkUnstructuredGrid (0x3a46da0): Point array vtkValidPointMask with 1
components, only has 3726 tuples but there are 407364 pointsERROR: In
/home/kitware/ParaView3/Utilities/BuildScripts/ParaView-3.6/ParaView3/VTK/Filtering/vtkDataSet.cxx,
line 406
vtkUnstructuredGrid (0x67183e0): Point array vtkValidPointMask with 1
components, only has 3726 tuples but there are 407364 points

ERROR: In
/home/kitware/ParaView3/Utilities/BuildScripts/ParaView-3.6/ParaView3/VTK/Filtering/vtkExecutive.cxx,
line 757
vtkCompositeDataPipeline (0x65c0b20): Algorithm
vtkPVGeometryFilter(0x65bdb80) returned failure for request:
vtkInformation (0x67155a0)
  Debug: Off
  Modified Time: 13672858
  Reference Count: 1
  Registered Events: (none)
  Request: REQUEST_DATA
  FROM_OUTPUT_PORT: 0
  ALGORITHM_AFTER_FORWARD: 1
  FORWARD_DIRECTION: 0

I also tried the programmable filter suggested in the previous email,
(using two input file with the same geometry), but in that case I always
get:

paraview version 3.6.2, Date: 2009-05-18

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 25, in <module>
  File "<string>", line 5, in RequestData
AttributeError: GetPointData

That's the filter Im trying to use:
i0 = self.GetInputDataObject(0,0)
i1 = self.GetInputDataObject(0,1)
o = self.GetOutputDataObject(0)
o.GetPointData().AddArray(i0.GetPointData().GetArray("meanTotalPressureMonitor"))
o.GetPointData().AddArray(i1.GetPointData().GetArray("meanTotalPressureMonitor"))

Thank you very much for your help!

Sincerely,
Luca