[Paraview] Python scripting: Updating PVDReader source when pvd file has changed and rendering latest time step

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Mon Mar 22 09:57:22 EDT 2010

The vtkPVDReader (you may want to look at it's superclasses as well)
does not re-read the XML file, unless the reader is modified. What you
really need, is somehow call "Modified()" on the reader. One way would
be setting the filename to empty (then call
vtkSMPRoxy::UpdateVTKObjects()) and then setting it back  (and again
calling vtkSMProxy::UpdateVTKObjects()".

Utkarsh