[Paraview] Distorted Images in Paraview

Christian Werner christian.werner at rwth-aachen.de
Mon Mar 22 05:14:29 EDT 2010

Jonathan provided the right answer to this problem here. It turned out
that the output contained random artifacts in those places that weren't
explicitely painted (the background). In VTK-only the output image
somehow always initialized with 0, either on purpose or by pure
coincidence, or because the filter is always reloaded in my bash
sessions such that memory is freed. I don't know, but you obviously have
to care about that yourself.

Best regards,
Christian

--Hi,
--
--I don't really understand your code (complete Vtk beginner here), but
the artefacts in your paraview output look very much like uninitialized