[Paraview] 64-bit version for MacOS?

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Tue Mar 16 09:55:47 EDT 2010

Hey Karen,

No, the 3.6.1 binary for Intel is i386 architecture. Like Mike said yesterday, you'll have to build your own version of Qt 4.6.2 with x86_64 architecture and Cocoa, and then build ParaView from source against that Qt build, itself with x86_64 arch, too.

I'm not sure if there are any issues with 64-bit ParaView Python support in Leopard since for OS X 10.5 you can't get (as far as I know) a 64-bit python executable...?

Talk to you later,
-Eric