[Paraview] Input Editor - Cramped Input Port Selection

Christian Werner christian.werner at rwth-aachen.de
Mon Mar 15 11:22:20 EDT 2010

As a user, may I present three suggestions, two of which should be very
easy and still yield an improvement.

1) remove the Pipeline Preview: This may be rude because it's somehow
nice. But then again, you cannot change what happens to the pipeline
anyway. Also, I don't think one would change his mind about the
selection of the inputs just because the Pipeline Preview shows
something unsuspected. Most of the time the user knows what he is doing
and wants to quickly and easily select his inputs. The actual layout
works against this intend. The Pipeline Preview can be included again
once a nice layout is found.

2) hide the Pipeline Preview and make it visible if the user wants to

3) change the layout such that the inputs are shown on top and let QT
manage the form's height. You normally don't use so many inputs, so
this  most probably would never lead to problems.

Best regards,
Christian