[Paraview] PV 3.6.2 and VirtualGL

Paul Melis paul.melis at sara.nl
Mon Mar 15 11:19:47 EDT 2010

Utkarsh Ayachit wrote:
> I cannot think of why this could be happening. Try playing with scalar
> coloring on/off etc. for the glyphs.
>
> What happens if you further process the gyphs, say pass through a shrink filter?

No change, still no results.

One thing I just noticed in shock is that when I use the precompiled
3.6.2 binaries from paraview.org I *do* get glyphs when using remote
rendering. So this seems to be a case in which my own compiled binaries
misbehave. Could this be due to using the 3.6.2 sources which require Qt
4.3, while Ubuntu 9.10 provides Qt 4.5.2? I noticed the warning during
configuration, but compilation seemed to work, so didn't think much of it.

[two hours later]
And sure enough, after compiling Qt 4.3.5 and recompiling Paraview
against it I now have working glyphs when using remote rendering...

Paul