[Paraview] How to optimize ParaView compilation

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Thu Mar 11 09:26:28 EST 2010

If you mean turn on the appropriate optimization flags in the compiler, then yes all you have to do is set CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE to Release.  You might also want to look at the CMAKE_C_FLAGS_RELEASE  and CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_RELEASE variables.  These are the actual flags that get added, but if you are using the Gnu compiler you should be fine.

You don't really need to worry about the MPIEXEC_MAX_NUMPROCS variable.  That is just used when running the tests.  It has no effect on how pvserver gets launched, which you will have to do yourself.

-Ken