[Paraview] Simple problems with vtk files

Ricardo Canelas marandus at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 14:17:42 EST 2010

Hello,

I'm quite new to Paraview, so i'm terribly sorry if this is a stupid
thing to ask. I'm beginning to panic here. I wrote a routine to
generate the vtk files to render in Paraview, but i can't seem to get
in right. In a 45000 element test the output says

Generic Warning: In ..\..\..\src\VTK\IO\vtkDataReader.cxx, line 1382
Error reading ascii data. Possible mismatch of datasize with declaration.

And crashes. With about 100 elements it gives the same error, it
actually renders something, but it is totally absurd.

This is a surface unstructured mesh. Each cell has a scalar and a vector.

I'm attaching a small example of the vtk file for the 100 cell example.

Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
--
Ricardo Canelas
CEHIDRO - Instituto Superior Técnico, TU Lisboa, Av. Prof. Rovisco Pais,