[Paraview] volume viz question

Comer Duncan comer.duncan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 09:59:52 EST 2010

Hi,

I am new to Paraview.  I have tried to load a 3d data set in vtk format.
That works fine and I can do slicing and contouring ok.  However  I am most
interested in doing volume viz on this data.  I saw that one has to
apparently stuff the data through tetrahedralize, which I did. However, when
selecting volume vis all I see is a box with fuzzy edges. I do not have any
opacity information in the vtk data set.  I can not seem to assign opacity
somehow on the fly.  I gather that I need to attach opacity info but don't
see how it  is done. Can you please help?

The data set is 31^3 floats.  The slices look reasonable but I really want
to start doing volume viz and hoped that Paraview will allow such...I am
pretty sure it does, but I just don't know how to do it.

Thanks for your help.

Comer Duncan