[Paraview] Saving data plotted using PlotOverLine

Stephen Molloy stephen.molloy at rhul.ac.uk
Mon Mar 8 05:50:33 EST 2010

Hi all,
I am using Paraview 3.7.0 to view a large number of data files, each
with the same geometry.  I need to load the geometry and volume data,
use PlotOverLine to extract the magnitude of a variable along a
particular line, and then save this data to a CSV file.

Due to the large number of data sets I am dealing with, I have been
trying to use the Python Trace functionality to automate this, and I am
able to do everything except for saving the CSV file at the end.  I have
browsed around quite a bit over the past few days, and I understand that
the trace functionality does not work for save data commands, but I was
wondering if someone could help me find the Python object that contains
the relevant data so that I can write my own little routine to dump it
to a CSV file.

Many thanks for any help you can offer.

Steve