[Paraview] pvpython: "Library not loaded: libavcodec.dylib"

Stefan Kroboth ml at stefan-kroboth.com
Sat Mar 6 03:57:38 EST 2010

Hi!

I'm having a lot of newbie-problems here :/
When I try to start pvpython in the Terminal I get the following error message:

$ ./pvpython
dyld: Library not loaded: libavcodec.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/stefan/paraview/lib/paraview-3.6/pvpython-real
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap

I get the same message when I try to execute a script with the  following shebang:
#!/Users/stefan/paraview/bin/pvpython

What am I doing wrong? I couldn't find a solution for this in die FAQs or in the Wiki.
I'm using Mac OS X Snow Leopard.

Thanks,
   Stefan