[Paraview] labeling surfaces

Takuya OSHIMA oshima at eng.niigata-u.ac.jp
Fri Mar 5 10:40:15 EST 2010

Hi Paul,

Perhaps what you have in mind is the "Show Patch Names" feature in the
OpenCFD's reader (PV3FoamReader)? PV3FoamReader adds labels directly
to the client render window, outside of the pipeline, which makes the
reader incompatible with client/server mode. The feature could
otherwise be implemented into the client side code by sending all the
necessary information (labels, label coordinates, ...) from the server
to the client via information properties. However, extracting feature
edges and calculating appropriate label coordinates for decomposed
cases will require too intensive programming to be done only for
labeling surfaces. For now, I have no plan to implement the feature to
vtkPOpenFOAMReader.

After all, for that purpose I would suggest you keep PV3FoamReader in
your ParaView installation.

Takuya

Takuya OSHIMA, Ph.D.
Faculty of Engineering, Niigata University
8050 Ikarashi-Ninocho, Nishi-ku, Niigata, 950-2181, JAPAN