[Paraview] Problem of Memory distribution

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Thu Mar 4 11:46:47 EST 2010

ParaView tries hard NOT to ship data over the network, so every
machine potentially has to read the whole file.

So, if the file format itself isn't partitioned into multiple files
(in which case you could possibly get by with putting the right sub
file on each disk), and unless you have a shared filesystem,
replication onto each disk is your only option.

Again, which file format are you reading? What is the filename
including the extension.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer