[Paraview] Problem of Memory distribution

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Thu Mar 4 11:12:04 EST 2010

An ad-hoc cluster like you've got is fine, as long as you have MPI set
up on the machines and are running a copy of paraview's pvserver on it
that has been compiled to use MPI. (Our binaries do not.)

The data type (Unstructured Grid) doesn't matter, I think all VTK data
structure types can be split up (aka streamed). It is the file format
(*.vtk, *.vt?, *.xdmf, *.exo, *.case etc) that determines what reader
is invoked and thus whether the data will be read in in parallel or
not.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer