[Paraview] PV 3.6.2 and VirtualGL

Paul Melis paul.melis at sara.nl
Wed Mar 3 10:17:36 EST 2010

Utkarsh Ayachit wrote:
> That's very interesting. You are seeing the issue only with glyph not
> with any other filter?

- On a velocity field I had lying around, using the Stream Tracer
displays streamlines. Trying glyphs on the same set fails. Switching to
the slice representation works.
- Volume rendering works for the iron protein sample file, as well as
displaying output of a Contour filter. Saving the geometry and loading
it back in also displays it correctly.
- A simple Sphere source followed by e.g. Subdivide and Smooth works.
Showing the result in wireframe, points, etc. all works.
- From the PV sample data: policital.vtk shows the line map
- Glyphing doesn't work on multiple sets I tried, except for 2D vertex
glyphs. Glyph with Custom Source and e.g. a sphere source also doesn't work.

So, it seems it's basically glyping that fails...
> I am wondering if you can show two 3D
> geometries at the same time and does that work?

Do you mean adding a Glyph filter twice, one set to e.g. Spheres, the
other to 2D vertex? If so, then this only shows the 2D vertices

Paul