[Paraview] ParaView and Python: Position of a slice and pressing the "Rescale to Data Range"-Button

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Wed Mar 3 10:17:17 EST 2010

> Is there an option to automatically render a slice when it is moved? I basically don't want to press the Apply-button whenever the slice is moved. If this isn't possible, how do i "press" the Apply-button with python?

Yes, go to Edit | Settings. There's a check box for "Auto Accept" on
the "General" page -- check that. ParaView then auto-apply.

> I could read the Origin-values from the Properties field of the Object Inspector and set the Origin-values from the Display field to this values. But how do I get this Origin-values (I only found the ones from the Display field in python).

I am not sure I understand what you are trying to do here.

> I also need to press the "Rescale to Data Range" button when the slice is moved. Is this even possible? If so, how?

Not currently. However, you can always write up a python script that
achieves the same effect. Let me know if you need help with that.

Utkarsh