[Paraview] [Paraview-developers] The Quest for Data

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Mon Mar 1 16:37:43 EST 2010

> With the way the existing query-based selection framework is implemented, is there any chance of incorporating the chaining of queries to select subsets of subsets? (With my users, I know this is one of the first things they're going to ask me when I show them the new functionality.)

Not for 3.8, but going forward, we do plan to support use of boolean
"and" and "or" to create a long combined query that should address
your concern. In fact the GUI panel design already makes provisions
for that, the problem being underlying VTK framework doesn't have a
clean selection combination support and hence we've decided to defer
that until after 3.8.

> I can add these as feature requests, but it would also be cool if there was a way to specify a precision for some types of selections, like within a certain error tolerance of a floating point value, or within a certain radius of a point coordinate. (I know the "is between" does the former, but for some applications the value +/- tolerance might be more natural to think about.)

Feel free to add feature requests for these. We can definitely look into it.

Utkarsh