[Paraview] [Paraview-developers] The Quest for Data

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Mon Mar 1 14:07:26 EST 2010

Hey Utkarsh,

That's very cool functionality.

One part of the interface is either not very intuitive or I'm running into a bug: The "is" or "is one of" operators don't seem to work with anything other than ID or Global ID. If I try to use it, say, on an integer point data attribute and do "attribute is 0" I get this:

Warning: In /Users/emonson/Programming/ParaView_cvs/ParaView3/VTK/Graphics/vtkExtractSelectedIds.cxx, line 666
vtkExtractSelectedIds (0x12c5f50e0): array types don't match

ERROR: In /Users/emonson/Programming/ParaView_cvs/ParaView3/VTK/Filtering/vtkExecutive.cxx, line 757
vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline (0x11f3d63b0): Algorithm vtkExtractSelectedIds(0x12c5f50e0) returned failure for request: vtkInformation (0x12bd2f490)
Debug: Off
Modified Time: 2052406
Reference Count: 1
Registered Events: (none)
Request: REQUEST_DATA
FORWARD_DIRECTION: 0
FROM_OUTPUT_PORT: 0
ALGORITHM_AFTER_FORWARD: 1

I get the same thing when I try to do that type of query on a float or idtype attribute, too.

So, is "is" supposed to work with integer and other types like the "==" operator, or just with ID and Global ID?

Thanks,
-Eric

Eric E Monson
Duke Visualization Technology Group