[Paraview] VTK EnSight Gold reader issue

Adriano Gagliardi agagliardi at ara.co.uk
Mon Mar 1 09:39:56 EST 2010

Dear All,

I have been having trouble reading in an Ensight file (just the .case and
.geo) with ParaView. When I try to read it in I get the following error
message:

ERROR: In
/usr/people/gagliard/Paraview/FILES/ParaView3/VTK/IO/vtkEnSightGoldBinaryRea
der.cxx, line 2475
vtkEnSightGoldBinaryReader (0x15d2ffb0): Invalid number of unstructured
points read; check that ByteOrder is set correctly.

ERROR: In
/usr/people/gagliard/Paraview/FILES/ParaView3/VTK/IO/vtkEnSightReader.cxx,
line 386
vtkEnSightGoldBinaryReader (0x15d2ffb0): error reading geometry file

ERROR: In
/usr/people/gagliard/Paraview/FILES/ParaView3/VTK/Filtering/vtkExecutive.cxx
, line 757
vtkCompositeDataPipeline (0x15a1fb70): Algorithm
vtkEnSightGoldBinaryReader(0x15d2ffb0) returned failure for request:
vtkInformation (0x13157020)
  Debug: Off
  Modified Time: 828516
  Reference Count: 1
  Registered Events: (none)
  Request: REQUEST_DATA
  FORWARD_DIRECTION: 0
  FROM_OUTPUT_PORT: 0
  ALGORITHM_AFTER_FORWARD: 1

The mesh is approximately 70 million cells and is about 2.2Gb in size. It
reads in fine using the in-house format we routinely use. I notice the error
message asking to check if the ByteOrder has been set correctly, which I am
assuming is in the EnSight file itself as you can select this via the object
browser anymore. Would this solve the problem, or is something else the
matter here?

Regards,

Adriano

===================================

Adriano Gagliardi MEng PhD
Project Scientist
Computational Aerodynamics
Aircraft Research Association Ltd.
Manton Lane
Bedford

Tel: 01234 32 4644
E-mail: agagliardi at ara.co.uk

This email contains information that is private and confidential and is intended only for the addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient please delete it and notify us immediately by e-mailing the sender.
Note: All email sent to or from this address may be accessed by someone other than the recipient, for system management and security reasons.
Aircraft Research Association Ltd.  Registered in England, Registration No 503668 Registered Office: Manton Lane, Bedford MK41 7PF England VAT No GB 196351245