[Paraview] Graphic window disappears using: pvpython sphere.py

Ted Thompson tedthompson61 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 14:34:08 EDT 2010

I am trying to draw 3D graphics using the pvpython shell. The following file
is named sphere.py

-----------------------
import os
import paraview
from paraview.simple import *
from paraview.servermanager import *
Connect()
sph=Sphere()
Show(sph)
Render()

I execute the following command from a DOS cmd window:

pvpython sphere.py

These commands appear to work and a window is created showing the sphere but
it immediately goes away. Do I need some type of wait command in the script?
When I execute these commands interactively in the pvpython window the
window locks up. When I execute them, minus the Connect() in the Paraview
GUI provided Python window they work fine.

I want a separate graphics window with no GUI shown.

What am I missing here?