[Paraview] [paraview] paraview workflow management capabilities

Pierre JUILLARD pierre.juillard at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 05:54:40 EDT 2010

Dear ParaView user,

Maybe someone could shed some light on this topic.

I would like to know if the "pipeline browser" of ParaView offers some
"advanced workflow management".

Basically, if one wants to loop over a sequence of "filters", or
conditionally execute some, all of this in bath mode, is this possible
through some configurations in the pipeline?

I am actually thinking to this because the python script filter gives access
to a very wide range of tools, and the ergonomy of ParaView and its
miscellaneous solutions:
- the pipeline and filter configuration,
- interaction with the viewers (2D, 3D, spreadsheet...)
- distributed computations
are very good, and such features are susually the ones we find in other
workflow management solutions.

This would then have been nice to be able benefit from it for more complex
workflow management

I thank you in advance for any advices.

Regards,

Pierre