[Paraview] Render windows when running parallel pvserver on localhost

Matthew Cragun mcragun at totalsim.us
Thu Jun 17 10:17:36 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm wondering if there are any ways to start pvserver in parallel on
localhost without the rendering windows popping up on my screen.  I
understand the render windows need to be created for each of the processors,
but is there a way to send them somewhere else or to a background so they
won't pop up everytime the screen refreshes?  Right now, I can't really work
with it because the windows keep popping up.

Currently I'm running paraview 3.6.2 on Linux RHEL5.  My command to start
pvserver is really simple at the moment.  It's just: mpirun -np 4
/nfs/dana/.../bin/pvserver

Thanks,
--
Matt Cragun