[Paraview] QGraphicsView +vtkRenderWindow = ParaView 4?

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Mon Jun 14 13:19:20 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 11:14 AM, Jens <jens-devel at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just want to mention the following impressive work by Abhishek Patil.
>
> He merged QGrapihcsView and vtkRenderWindow in one class:
> http://thezeroth.net/2010/06/11/using-vtkrenderwindow-with-qgraphicsview/
>
> Greetings
> Jens
>
> I saw this blog post over the weekend, it certainly looks very interesting.
Would be great to get an idea of performance, as well as cleaning up the
licensing issues were it to be used. We are working on other experimental
code internally to combine VTK render windows and QGraphicsView too, I know
Clinton Stimpson has been exploring some of the possibilities here.

Thanks,

Marcus
--
Marcus D. Hanwell, Ph.D.