[Paraview] Particle tracer: output particle coordinates for every time step to file?

Florian Rathgeber frat at kth.se
Fri Jun 4 10:19:08 EDT 2010

Hi!

I am looking for a way to output the 3D particle coordinates computed by
the particle tracer to a file for every time step.

The particle tracer has this option "Enable Particle Writing", but
giving a filename and checking the box gave no result. I thought this
might be the feature I am looking for, but I couldn't find any
documentation (apart from the interface).

Does it do what I want? And if so, how? And if not, is there another way
to get the coordinates (potentially using the python interface?)

I am grateful for any hints and tips,
Florian