[Paraview] Finite-size voxels and Point vs. Cell Centered Image Data

burlen burlen.loring at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 19:30:51 EDT 2010

Hi Eric,
> I assume by dual grid you mean creating two vtkImageData objects
No. I mean to suggest place the nodes of the vis grid (your
vtkImageData) at the cell centers of the computation grid (what you have
on disk). When you do this, you no longer have cell data, instead you
have point data, which is what vtk needs.

I am attaching an illustration from an 2d cell centered AMR grid, but
the idea is the same for 3D cell centered data on a uniform grid. See
figs a and d.

Burlen