[Paraview] Trouble loading Ensight/Gold data

Rick Angelini rick.angelini at us.army.mil
Fri Jul 30 16:04:50 EDT 2010

I have an EnSight/Gold case file that I'm able to read into a couple of
other vis packages with no problem.  When I load the case file into
Parview 3.6.2/3.8.0/3.9.x I don't get one of the scalar files loaded.
(The scalar happens to be pressure).     There are no error messages
from the client or server, ParaView just ignores this particular scalar
value.

When I load the case file,  the variable shows up in the properties
window.  I select "Pressure",   and all of his friends like Temp,
Velocity, etc,  select APPLY, and then look in the information tab.
"Pressure" is not listed.     This Case file happens to have many
timesteps defined, so I changed it to only load one timestep - same
behavior.    I selected the first timestep, the last one, and many in
the middle, same behavior.   And of course, "Pressure" happens to be the
variable of interest!   8-)

I must be missing something really easy.   Unfortunately, I can't share
this data for debugging purposes.