[Paraview] Bug: Failure to open FLASH file on a PowerBook

Klaus Weide klaus at flash.uchicago.edu
Thu Jul 29 17:06:15 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have just installed ParaView 3.8.0 on a PowerBook G4 (Mac OS X 10.4.11).

On opening a FLASH file, I get the output message:

Generic Warning: In
/Users/partyd/Dashboards/MyTests/ParaView-3-8-0/ParaView/Servers/Filters/vtkFlashReader.cxx,
line 764
Inconsistency in the number of blocks.

After that, the Object Inspector shows no useful information about the
file (other than Filename and Path).

I gave Dave DeMarle a copy of the same file, he was able to successfully
open it on his laptop.  He thinks the problem is caused by the different
byte ordering on PowerPC.  This should be easy to fix since the underlying
file format of the FLASH format is HDF5.

Klaus