[Paraview] streams from CSV table

dragos.constantin at gmail.com dragos.constantin at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 14:27:54 EDT 2010

Dear all,
I am convinced that my problem was answered before but I cannot find the
post. As the subject says my data is a coma separated value file that
contains 6 columns (3 for X, Y, Z and the last 3 for a vector component). I
am able to import the data and the I apply Table to Pint filter, followed by
a calculator to build the vector (A=ihat*Ax+...). I do then a Glyph filter
and I can see the vectors.

I would like to visualize the vector field line as tubes. The way I
understood this works is to apply a streamline filter followed by the tubes
filter but it does not work. I am surprised that I have problems with such a
simple data set. Probably this is the problem. I have reading that I need
"structured" data in order to generate streamlines. What is the best
approach to my problem?

Thank you,
Dragos