[Paraview] Paraview crashes regularly during animation/rendering

Dan Lussier dan.lussier at sjc.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jan 21 11:37:12 EST 2010

Hello.

I am running into a problem with Paraview when running animation on
large (many million nodes/points) data sets.

When I animate and/or save images of each frame from large data sets
Paraview will perform well for some (but usually variable) length of
time and then crash.

I have had the same problem on Mac OS X and Linux and have been
running on single workstations in all cases.

I am not a super experienced Paraview user so am having some trouble
getting information out of Paraview to diagnose the problem.  Any
suggestions on how to proceed, or on specific system information or
crash reports that I can get from Paraview would be great.

Many thanks,

Dan Lussier
University of Oxford