[Paraview] Exporting ICEM CFD Mesh to ParaView

Rafael Castaneda ramacaneto at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 07:16:31 EST 2010

Hi,

thank you all for the attention. I've found a way to force ICEM CFD to
export the parts.

I used to export to Exodus II format by clicking on File -> Export Mesh ->
To Exodus -> Write Exodus Input File. This exports only the mesh and element
blocks. To export also the 2D parts, one can create "dummy" boundary
conditions on them, by going to File -> Export Mesh -> To Exodus -> Exodus
Family Attributes, selecting the part, clicking on "Create New" and "Side
Set" type of Boundary Condition. Then you can write the exodus input like
before. One has to do it for each part he wants to export, so, this can be
really annoying for large number of components. But this solves my problem
for now !

Thanks again,
Rafael Castañeda.