[Paraview] Fwd: quadrangle mesh visualization

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Wed Jan 20 10:07:32 EST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Berk Geveci <berk.geveci at kitware.com>
Date: 2010/1/20
Subject: Re: [Paraview] quadrangle mesh visualization
To: HUGUET Frédéric 223652 <frederic.huguet at cea.fr>

That's not correct. You have triangles (hence the triangle strips). If
you want to display quads, you have two choices: use polygons for the
polydata or use quads with unstructured grid. It would look like:

POLYGONS 9 45
4 0 1 5 4
4 1 2 6 5
4 2 3 7 6
4 4 5 9 8

or (for unstructured grid) like:

CELLS 9 45
4 0 1 5 4
4 1 2 6 5
4 2 3 7 6

CELL_TYPES 9
9
9

Hint: Use the plane source and save it out as a ASCII VTK file to see
an example. If you want unstructured grid, first apply the Clean to
Grid filter.

PS: Is it OK for me to forward this to the paraview-users list?

Best,
-berk