[Paraview] new plugin errors

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Mon Jan 18 11:03:11 EST 2010

Today after a CVS update, I'm getting the following error messages (lots of, but here's one example)

Question : Is linking one plugin to another plugin forbidden now?
Setting CMAKE_BACKWARDS_COMPATIBILITY to 2.2 didn't seem to make any difference, errors persist. I will keep trying.

thanks

JB

CMake Error at CSCS/ESPHI/pv3-plugin/CMakeLists.txt:115 (TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES):
  Target "CSCS_Common" of type MODULE_LIBRARY may not be linked into another
  target.  One may link only to STATIC or SHARED libraries, or to executables
  with the ENABLE_EXPORTS property set.

  If you are developing a new project, re-organize it to avoid linking to
  modules.  If you are just trying to build an existing project, set
  CMAKE_BACKWARDS_COMPATIBILITY to 2.2 or lower to allow linking to modules.

--
John Biddiscombe,                            email:biddisco @ cscs.ch
http://www.cscs.ch/