[Paraview] Octree Mesh

Mohammad Mirzadeh mirzadeh at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 16:00:53 EST 2010

Dear all,

I am rather new to paraview and I work in the area of CSE. The typical
meshes that I use to discretize my PDEs over is the 3D Octree data
structure. I was just wondering if anyone is aware of a dedicated dataset in
paraview to handle such meshes? I can go ahead and export my data in a way
that can be loaded as an unstructured dataset, but I'd prefer to use a
specific dataset for Octrees.

One more question. When I use, say, a simple structured 3D mesh and use the
slice filter to generate the corresponding mesh on a surface(through
wireframe) it just shows me some extra diagonal lines on each square cell,
which it should not.

Any help will greatly be appreciated.

Best,
-M