[Paraview] issues with compiling paraview

Vishwa dagarshali at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 12:28:24 EST 2010

Hi,
I am vishwa and am a new member of this mailing list. I have been using
paraview to visualize the cfd results run using openfoam.

I wanted to compile paraview on the high performance cluster so that i can
use the pvserver to see the data sets easily than transferring those to my
local machine.

i installed qt 4.3.5 in my local directory and i also installed cmake in my
local directory. i ran ccmake and then make, followed by make install.

I didnt get any error. however, if i run paraview, i see the main kitware
screen and then it crashes saying segmentation fault. I looked up online and
some people have suggested that using set unlimit stacksize takes care of
the problem. i did that and the result is the same.

i also tried to run the pvserver using this
mpirun --machinefile ${PBS_NODEFILE} -np 4 pvserver
--use-offscreen-rendering --server-port=1111 >log1

for which i get the error
home/vishwa/vishwa/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-1.6.x/paraview-3.6.1/bin/pvserver-real:
error while loading shared libraries: libGLU.so.1: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory

Can anybody help me fix this problem

Regards,
Vishwa