[Paraview] The Quest for Data

Thorsten Hater th at tp1.rub.de
Fri Feb 26 07:46:24 EST 2010

Nur so am Rande ...

Folks,

How many times have we wondered:
* Where's the cell with DISPLACEMENT(Magnitude) == 12?
* What's the point where the error condition is reached?
* What cell is at the location (1,2 3)?

We always knew selection mechanism in ParaView could do that, but we
never found how to get it done -- the selection inspector was just too
confusing. Fret no more: we've added new functionality to ParaView to
help you locate the cells/points of interest.

Refer to following Wiki page for details.

http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/Find_Data_using_Queries

This is currently in CVS (very new, so bug reports/feature requests
are always welcome) and should make it into the forthcoming 3.8
release.

Utkarsh