[Paraview] Combining pieces into one dataset?

Thomas Ruedas ruedas at dtm.ciw.edu
Thu Feb 25 23:28:52 EST 2010

Hi,
I am new to Paraview and try to put it to use for visualizing a certain
kind of dataset that consists of two Pieces. The data are given in a
.vtu file on the two identical subgrids of a so-called Yin-Yang grid
with minimum overlap, which combine to form a spherical shell;
essentially, the combined grid looks like a tennisball or baseball.
My problem is that the individual Pieces are shown nicely, and the whole
dataset also looks correct, but at the boundary between the two Pieces,
there is a gap, because Paraview doesn't interpolate between them. Is
there a possibility in Paraview to combine the Pieces into one, so that
the boundary disappears and everything looks smooth? I had tried to do
that with Group Datasets, but that doesn't have any visible effect.
I am using Paraview 3.6.2 under Mac OS X Leopard.
Thomas