[Paraview] Compiling without X11 libraries

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Thu Feb 25 10:14:08 EST 2010

Pat

I don't quite understand that bit below. In what way does cmake care what openGL is being used? I have in the past simply created a symlink libGL which points to libOSMesa - this got rid of glx issues when I was experimenting - but what does CMake 'do' that is causing a problem? (I mean how does CMake checking for real GL instead of OSMesa affect anything?)

JB

Unfortunately you can't just set libOSMesa.so in place of libGL.so (setting OPENGL_gl_LIBRARY in cmake) because cmake uses the OPENGL_gl_LIBRARY variable to check for the existance of real opengl versus osmesa.  So that's why I said to set OPENGL_gl_LIBRARY to the empty string.