[Paraview] [ParaView] In-Situ Visualization

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Thu Feb 25 09:29:25 EST 2010

It depends on how you want to do it. If you want to keep the data on the GPU
memory and perform all of the analysis/visualization on the GPU, VTK is
currently not the right tool. Almost all of VTK's filters work on the CPU
whereas rendering happens on the GPU. If you are OK with moving data to main
memory whenever you want to do analysis/vis, the in-situ vis work we are
doing would be a fit for you. Let me know if you are interested and I can
get you started.

-berk