[Paraview] Error in ParaView CVS Head with CMake Configuration

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Mon Feb 22 12:04:40 EST 2010

Pulled the latest CVS Head from GitHub? Is that really the latest?

  When I tried to configure ParaView with my plugins using
PARAVIEW_EXTRA_EXTERNAL_MODULES I get the following error:

-- Plugin: IPFFilter enabled
CMake Error: File /Components/pqObjectPanelImplementation.h.in does
not exist.
CMake Error at /Users/Shared/Kitware-CVS/ParaView/CMake/
ParaViewPlugins.cmake:281 (CONFIGURE_FILE):
   configure_file Problem configuring file
Call Stack (most recent call first):
   /Users/mjackson/Workspace/PVMXADataModel/Source/Client/IPFFilter/
CMakeLists.txt:93 (ADD_PARAVIEW_OBJECT_PANEL)

IPFFilter is my own plugin. The problem is that ParaView_QT_DIR is NOT
defined at the point where my CMake code is executed. Looking at the
top level CMakeLists.txt file I see that the Plugins are loaded at
line 238 (INCLUDE(ParaViewCommon)) which then picks up my code. The
problem is that ParaView_QT_DIR is NOT defined until line 272 in the
top level CMakeLists.txt file. This causes problems for my external
modules because I have Qt code that needs to be compiled.

   Is this a bug or am I just missing something?

Mike Jackson                      www.bluequartz.net
Principal Software Engineer       mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
BlueQuartz Software               Dayton, Ohio