[Paraview] File format for primatives

Stephen Sintay ssintay at lanl.gov
Fri Feb 19 15:46:30 EST 2010

I am looking for a file format that will support input of primitives
such as sphere. The VRMl2 (*.wrl) format appears to support this, but
this format is superceeded by X3D and I am having difficulty finding
documentation for the old format. Their does not appear to be a paraview
reader for X3D.

Are there other file formats that will support primitives? Sphere, cube,
cone, etc... Or does anyone know where to find some documentation for
the VRML2 file format that paraview has a reader for?

Thanks

Steve