[Paraview] Building paraview with shared libraries on

J Cook jc7479 at bristol.ac.uk
Fri Feb 19 09:27:27 EST 2010

Hi
I am currently trying to build paraview from the source code with shared
libraries on. I was able to build this code using CMake 2.8.0 and microsoft
visual studio 9 before however BUILD_SHARED_LIBS was off. When I turn this
value to on I am still able to generate the files in CMake but I get
errors whilst building paraview in visual studio.

The main errors are;

vtkCommon,
c:\paraview3\vtk\common\vtkDataArrayTemplate.h(318) : error C4430: missing
type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int

vtkFiltering,
c:\paraviewtrunk_mpi1659\vtk\common\vtkArrayIteratorTemplate.txx(32) :
error C2491: 'vtkArrayIteratorTemplate<T>::New' : definition of dllimport
function not allowed
a block of similar errors is created following this error.

Thanks for any help in advance.
Jacob Cook