[Paraview] Crash using openmpi with more than 4 processes

Bart Janssens bart.janssens at rma.ac.be
Fri Feb 5 17:40:37 EST 2010

On Friday 05 February 2010 07:48:45 pm Jeff Baumes wrote:
> Just a thought: Have you tried an entirely clean rebuild? Someone got
> an error similar to this before and it went away after a rebuild.

Nope, sorry, keeps happening after a full rebuild (even threw away the CMake
cache). One thing I forgot to mention in my last mail is that
glGetString(GL_EXTENSIONS) is NULL as well. It seems that somehow OSMesa and
or ParaView think there is a valid context, but it's not really there.

I even tried applying this mesa patch that later got reverted:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/commit/?id=17090cf3efb0db8fa01b502a9c0df27cbd1a67da

The existence of that patch seems to at least suggest that accessing rendering
contexts in parallel might cause problems on certain mesa configs. Getting the
exact same OSMesa setup as someone who has this working on many processors
could help to confirm this.

Cheers,

--
Bart