[Paraview] Not a valid QT plugin on windows

Eric Nodwell enodwell at ucalgary.ca
Tue Feb 2 12:44:53 EST 2010

Following this thread: http://markmail.org/message/f25hi3bl6ldptzav , I'd just like to add that I get exactly the same error.

Namely, we have a number of plugins that compile and load on Linux and on OS-X, but on Windows XP we get a "is not a valid Qt plugin" error when we attempt to load them.

There was some speculation in the thread that this occurs when Visual C++ Express 2008 is used.  This is indeed the compiler that we have used to compile everything (Qt, ParaView, etc...)

Here are some system details:
- ParaView 3.6.2
- Qt 4.3.5
- Windows XP 32 bit
- Visual C++ Express 2008 (version 9)

As a side note, I attempted to set the environment variable PV_PLUGIN_DEBUG as described at http://paraview.org/Wiki/Plugin_HowTo#Debugging_Plugins in order to obtain more information, but it didn't seem to have any effect.  There was no additional output in either the Output Messages window or the terminal from which paraview was started.

Regards,
Eric